Savory Kalamata Olive Muffin
These savory kalamata olive muffins are wonderful healthy snacks, and enhance many soups and salads, turning them into healthy light meals.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbs fresh rosemary, diced
- 4-6 oz crumbled feta or goat cheese (Optional)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (Optional)
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tbs butter, melted
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare muffin pan with grease and paper.
- If using sun dried tomatoes, rehydrate in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes before chopping.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cayenne, and pepper. Stir in rosemary, feta, olives, and tomatoes then stir to coat.
- In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk and butter. Whisk in yogurt and eggs until almost smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the yogurt mix into the flour mix until only just combined.
- Divide batter evenly between cups. Muffins will rise slightly while baking, so leave some room if you don't want spillover.
- Bake until muffins pass the toothpick test, about 25 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Let cool about 5 minutes in pan before removing, and enjoy!
If using standard muffin tins, increase the baking temperature to 400 F, and bake for 20-25 minutes.