Sautéed Chickpeas and Kale Salad
This quick sautéed chickpea and kale salad is sure to satisfy with its rich mix of hearty flavors.
- 1 lb kale, stems removed and leaves roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can chickpeas (About 15 oz)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Heat large skillet over medium heat with 2 tbs olive oil. Toast chickpeas with cumin and cayenne, 2-3 minutes.
- Add kale (and more olive oil if necessary) and stir to evenly mix kale and chickpeas. Stir in lemon juice and mustard. Add onions, then stir and cook until kale is lightly wilted, about 5 minutes.
Add toasted almonds or quinoa to make this dish more substantial while still keeping it light and health-conscious.