Sausage and Pepper Foil Packs
Wrapped in foil, these Italian sausage and sweet pepper packets come out perfectly seasoned and delicious fresh off the grill or campfire.
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced (We like a mix of colors, but use your favorites!)
- 10 small red potatoes, quartered (Cut big ones into eights, as needed)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs oregano
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- Toss the veggies in a large mixing bowl. Pour on the olive oil and sprinkle on the seasonings. Toss again to coat. If the sausage isn't too loose, toss in as well.
- Lay out 6 pieces of foil, about 12 to 18 inches long each. Divide the vegetables and sausage evenly on the foil sheets. Fold the foil over the food, then roll the edges to seal.
- Cook over a grill or campfire until the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Flip a few times while cooking to jostle everything inside.