Sausage Hassleback Potatoes
There is hundreds of ways to prepare a potato. These Sausage Hassleback Potatoes utilize a Scandinavian technique to make these potatoes out of this world.
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 pkg kielbasa, sliced thinly
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF.
- To prepare the potatoes, cut slits into the potato, making sure you do not cut all the way through the potato. The best way to do this is to place two chopsticks on either side of the potato and cut the potato, leaving the perfect amount of uncut potato at the bottom.
- Place the potatoes in a baking dish and brush with 2 Tbsp melted butter and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes and brush with the remaining butter. Bake an additional 20 minutes and place the sausage into the slits and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes more until potato is tender, cheese is melted, and sausage is warmed.
You can also stuff with ham or any other sausage. Serve immediately to ensure the potato edges are crisp.