Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
This breakfast casserole has all your favorites! Filled with sausage, eggs, hash browns, and cheese, it's the perfect meal to start your morning.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 lbs mild ground pork sausage
- 1 30-oz package cubed hash browns
- 2 tsp salt divided
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and bell pepper and cook until translucent and tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- To pan, add sausage and break up with a wooden spoon. Cook until no longer pink and sausage is cooked through. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare hash browns according to package, adding 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Stir together onion and pepper, sausage, hash browns, and cheese. Pour into a 13X9-inch pan that has been lightly greased.
- In medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, and the remaining teaspoon of salt. Pour over potato mixture evenly.
- Bake until a fork can be inserted and taken out clean, about 35-40 minutes. Top with chives before serving.
We like the taste of pork sausage in this dish, but you can substitute chicken or even veggie sausage for a great taste. This casserole can be baked 24 hours ahead and then heated in the oven before serving.