Sausage and Egg Breakfast Pastries
These individual savory breakfast tarts are easy to customize and even easier to make in large batches, great for brunch or indulgent breakfasts.
- 2 cans crescent rolls (8 oz each)
- 8 eggs
- 2 links breakfast sausage, thinly sliced (Or use chorizo for an extra kick!)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the crescent dough into sheets, then split into rectangles instead of triangles. Each rectangle will be made of two triangles, so each can will give you four pastries.
- Fold over about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of dough around the edges, then place a sausage slice in each corner. Crack an egg in the center of each pastry, then top with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until the edges of the dough are golden and the eggs are cooked to your preference, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve!