Salsa Verde Enchiladas
These salsa verde enchiladas are bursting with tomatillo flavor! Use up some leftover chicken to make this weeknight meal super quick!
- 3/4 lb tomatillos husks removed
- 1 poblano chili
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp Chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Cheese
For The Salsa Verde
- Preheat broiler to high and line a baking sheet with foil. Arrange the tomatillos, poblano, and jalapeño on the sheet and broil, turning often, until charred on the top and sides, about 7-8 minutes total.
- Wrap tomatillos and chilies in foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Peel off skin of poblano and deseed.
- In food processor add tomatillos, chilies, and garlic. Pulse until chopped. Add 4 Tablespoon of water along with the onion and cilantro. Pulse 4 times and set aside.
For The Enchiladas
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. In a medium bowl combine chicken, cumin, oregano, onion powder, and lime.
- Wrap the corn tortillas in a wet paper towel and microwave until warm and pliable, about 45 seconds.
- Spoon some of the chicken mixture into a tortilla and roll up tightly. Place into a 13x9-inch pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling. Pour salsa over the enchiladas evenly and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until bubbly, about 20 minutes.
We love making our own salsa verde but you can always substitute canned store-bought. We love this recipe because it uses up leftover chicken!