Roasted Sweet Potato and Brussel Sprouts
Try these delicious make-ahead roasted vegetables any time you need a luxurious dinner side or main event.
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1 lb sweet potato
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Prepare Brussels sprouts by cutting off the the little brown end, where the stem was. Cut large ones in half.
- Prepare the sweet potatoes by peeling and chopping into 1 inch pieces.
- Combine Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, garlic, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Toss to combine and coat the veggies.
- Add the cumin, allspice, salt, and pepper, stirring to evenly distribute the spices.
- Pour veggies onto a lightly greased baking pan.
- Stirring once halfway through, roast until the sweet potatoes are soft enough for a fork to easily slide in, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving plate. Toss in pecans and feta.
Try tossing the roasted veggies in a balsamic reduction for a richer flavor.