Roasted Root Vegetables
Roast 'em up! Roasted Root Vegetables are a fun and simple side dish to elevate any autumn meal! Make your favorite veggies tonight!
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, halved, deseeded, and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 bunch beets, scrubbed, tops trimmed, about cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF.
- Add the vegetables to 2 sheet pans and toss with the garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Place in oven and roast, stirring occasionally until tender and golden, about 45 minutes to an hour. Serve.
Add in a bit of rosemary if desired. Make sure the vegetables are spread out enough so they roast rather than steam.