Add this elegant appetizer to your next charcuterie spread and bring out a subtle, creamy side of olives you've never seen.
- 3 cups mixed olives
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (Or thinly sliced fresh peppers)
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together all ingredients except the lemon, olive oil, and vinegar.
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice over olives. Toss halves in with the olives. (If you're prepping this ahead of time, stop now and refridgerate until ready to bake.)
- Drizzle on oil and vinegar.
- Bake until sizzling, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and put out some toothpicks, and enjoy!
Unless you have people who really love or really don’t love olives, imagine about 1/2 cup per person. These are a great way to use up herbs you've already bought, so sub in fresh ones if you have them on hand. And don't fret if you have leftovers, they'll keep in the fridge for a month.