Roasted Garlic and Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes
These flavorful mashed potatoes will give you yet another reason to be obsessed with those captivating tubers.
- 5 cloves garlic (or more!)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbs butter, melted
- 7-8 oz herbed goat cheese, at room temperature
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Wrap the garlic in foil, leaving a small opening to pour olive oil through. Drizzle on the olive oil, then close up the foil. Bake until soft, about 45-60 minutes. Let cool before handling.
- Add potatoes, 1 tbs salt, and enough water to cover the potatoes to a large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat and reduce to a simmer and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pot. Turn pot on low heat and let potatoes rest until they stop steaming, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the garlic to the potatoes. Mash together to combine and get ride of excessive lumps.
- While the potatoes are still hot, add the melted butter, goat cheese, and heavy cream. Mix until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, garnish with fresh parsley, and enjoy.