Roasted Eggplant with Quinoa, Spinach, and Feta
This protein rich eggplant and quinoa salad is hearty enough to serve as a main dish, or as a tasty side for any complete meal.
- 2 med eggplant, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 tbs olive oil, divided
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup feta
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 420 F. Prep a baking sheet by lining with foil and lightly greasing with olive oil.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa then cover the pan and reduce heat to low. Let cook 15-20 minutes until quinoa is cooked and water has been absorbed Set aside when done.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss eggplant with roughly 2 tbs olive oil, balsamic vinegar, as well as salt and pepper to taste. Spread eggplant evenly over baking sheet and roast until it softens, about 20-25 minutes. Halfway through roasting, stir to flip the eggplant pieces.
- Heat remaining 2 tbs olive oil in a large skillet. Add spinach and garlic, and sautée until spinach has slightly wilted. Remove from heat.
- Once the eggplant has finished, add it to the skillet with the spinach. Lightly stir to mix, then add the quinoa and stir to evenly combine. Stir in feta, then add salt and pepper to taste.
This is a great dish for experimentation! Try it with kalamata olives, tomatoes, or grilled eggplant in place of roasted. No matter what you do, it makes great leftovers too.