Roasted Broccoli and Quinoa Salad
This bright salad's citrus dressing balances out the earthy flavors of the roasted broccoli, while the quinoa's protein makes it feel like a complete meal.
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup almond pieces
- 2 cups spinach
- 4 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 4 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp basalmic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Cut the broccoli into bite sized pieces. Peel the stalk to remove the rough outer layer, then cut the inner layer into pieces as well.
- Toss the broccoli in olive oil as well as salt and pepper, if desired.
- Roast broccoli until tender and slightly browned, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, rinse and cook quinoa per package directions.
- Toss quinoa with roasted broccoli, corn, and almond pieces. Serve over a bed of spinach, topped with dill and radishes.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and drizzle over the salad.