Roasted Beets and Green Beans
Earthy beets, creamy goat cheese, and crunchy green beans make for an excellent side dish showing that green beans are good for more than just casseroles!
- 1 lb beets, peeled and cut into 1-2 inch wedges
- 2 lbs green beens, trimmed
- 2 medium shallots, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 2-4 oz goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Combine beets, green beans, and shallots in a bowl with olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Transfer to baking dish and sprinkle on salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes then add walnuts to the pan. Stir to prevent sticking, and to expose the walnuts to the oil.
- Continue to roast until beats are tender, about 10-15 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving platter. Sprinkle on cheese.