Don't jump in the car. This Restaurant-Style Salsa tastes just like the kind they serve at your favorite Mexican Restaurant.
- 1 28-oz can whole plum tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 2 jalapeño, deseeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 limes, juiced
- In a blender or food processor add the whole plum tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, garlic, cumin, salt, cilantro and lime juice. Pulse until the salsa is chopped to your desired preference. Add more salt if needed.
- Transfer the salsa to a serving container and let sit for two hours in the fridge for flavors to meld. Serve with tortilla chips.
We blended our salsa until the tomatoes were in fine pieces. You can leave out the jalapeño if you prefer a mild salsa.