Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Icing
Now you can have your cake and eat it for breakfast! These Red Velvet Pancakes are topped with a creamy cream cheese icing.
For The Red Velvet Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp red food coloring
For The Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
To Prepare the Pancakes
- Preheat your a griddle to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl combine buttermilk, eggs, and red food coloring. Gradually add wet mixture to dry and combine until just moistened, making sure not to over mix.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto greased griddle and cook until tops are covered with bubbles and the outside edges are dry, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook 3 minutes more.
- Place on a place and cover with foil until the rest of the pancakes are made.
To Make The Icing
- In a medium bowl cream together cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Top pancakes with icing.
Alternatively you can keep your pancakes in a 200ºF oven until ready to serve. If you do not own a griddle you may cook your pancakes with a skillet.