Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 8 hours
- 3 lbs chuck roast or round steak
- 1 onion
- 2 green bell peppers (Use poblanos if you want a spicy kick)
- 8 oz mushrooms (Optional)
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 8 hoagie rolls
- Sliced provolone or Cheez Whiz
Thinly slice the beef, peppers, onion, and mushrooms. Toss it all in the slow cooker.
Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or high for 4 to 5 hours. If you're able, stir once while it's cooking.
If desired, toast the hoagie rolls before spooning on the beef filling. Top with provolone or Cheez Whiz and enjoy!