Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tbs sesame oil, divided
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbs sherry
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tsp Sriracha (Or sub for red pepper flakes)
- 1 lb thin pasta or noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup peas (Or sub for snap peas)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, sliced or minced
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 3 green onions, sliced
Cook the pasta or noodles to al dente, as per package directions. Set aside drained noodles.
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sherry, rice wine vinegar, honey, and Sriracha.
Heat 1 tbs sesame oil in a large skillet (large enough to eventually hold noodles, shrimp, and vegetables). Cast irons work great for this because of how well they hold heat. Once heated, quickly fry the shrimp, about 1 minute per side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Add the remaining sesame oil and heat the skillet to high or medium high. Toss in the bell peppers, mushrooms, and peas. Cook for about 3 minutes, then add the garlic and ginger and cook for about a minute more.
Pour in the sauce and let heat and thicken for about half a minute, then add the noodles to the pan, stirring to ensure they aren't clumped together. Add the shrimp, stirring to incorporate and to spread the sauce. Heat until warmed through, then transfer to a serving dish.
Serve, garnished with toasted sesame seeds and green onions.