Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 6 ears sweet corn, shucked
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream (Or Crema Mexicana if you can find it)
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese (Can sub for feta or ricotta salata, pretty much anything crumbly and salty)
- 1 tsp chili powder (Plus more for serving)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne (Plus more for serving)
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 limes
Grill corn over medium-high heat to slightly char and cook each side, rotating as each side cooks. This should take about 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, chili powder, cayenne, and lime juice to taste. We recommend starting with about 1/2 a lime and going from there.
Remove corn from grill and coat with the sauce, using as much or as little as you'd like. Sprinkle on cotija and cilantro, getting it to stick to the sauce. Sprinkle on extra chili powder and cayenne, as desired.
Serve with lime wedges and enjoy!
This combo also works really well with corn not on the cob too. Simply spoon the sauce onto the corn, top with cheese, chili powder, cayenne, and lime, and you're good to go. Generally served in a cup, it's called "elote en vaso."