Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream (Or plain Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup watercress (Can sub for arugula or spinach)
- 1/4 cup tarragon, chopped
- 3 tbs chives, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp anchovy paste (Optional, but recommended)
- 2 tbs lemon juice (More to taste)
In a blender or a food processor, blend all ingredients together until smooth. Traditionally, there isn't any oil (beyond what's in the mayonnaise), but if you'd like it to be more spreadable, blend in up to a half cup of a mild tasting oil, like grapeseed or vegetable oil.
It's best served right away, but will keep in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
Few recipes have the same claim to longevity as Green Goddess dressing does. It's been a proven hit for centuries. This vintage recipe was created by an American in the 1920s, but has roots tied to a recipe created for Louis XIII dating back to the mid 1600s!