Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 6 tbs butter
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice (Or a vinegar-y hot sauce like Tabasco)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dozen shucked Gulf oysters
Preheat the broiler and place oven rack about 3 inches from the top of the oven. Put a layer of rock salt or rice at the bottom of a baking dish to create something for the oysters to rest on without spilling.
Toss the breadcrumbs with the parsley, garlic, lemon juice, pepper, Parmesan, and Worcestershire sauce. Melt the butter then pour it over the mix and toss.
Divide the breadcrumb mixture evenly between the oysters, then transfer them to the prepared baking dish.
Broil until crumbs are golden and the edges of the oysters begin to curl, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Serve warm with lemon wedges and enjoy!