Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 6 chicken cutlets, about 6 oz each, pounded into 1/2 inch thick steaks
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan (Plus about 3 tbs more for sprinkling)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs paprika
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne or crushed red pepper flakes (Optional)
- 6 oz mozzarella (About 1 cup grated)
- 24 oz your favorite pasta sauce
Preheat oven to 400 F, place a rack in the bottom third of the oven, and lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet.
Beat the eggs in a wide bowl and set aside. In another wide bowl or pie plate, combine bread crumbs, 3/4 cup Parmesan, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, and cayenne. Add salt and pepper as desired, then mix with a fork.
Working with one cutlet at a time, dip the cutlet in egg, then coat in the breadcrumb mixture. Shake off excess, then transfer to a baking sheet.
Bake until cooked through and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and top with marinara sauce. Sprinkle on the mozzarella and Parmesan. Return to the oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 10 minutes.
Serve with a crusty bread to sop up the extra sauce, and enjoy!