Rodents Fell from the Ceiling at a Chipotle in Texas

Oh Chipotle, how far the chain has fallen. While the brand is consistently trying to recover its image from the outbreak of suspected norovirus last year, it just cannot seem to stay out of trouble. The problem this time? At a Dallas location, rats fell from the ceiling while customers were trying to enjoy their lunches.

At the Chipotle on North Market Street in the West End area of Dallas, diners were casually enjoying a regular ol' lunch when all of the sudden, rodents began coming from the ceiling. Diner Daniela Ornelas told NBC DFW of the incident,

"If we would have been sitting at the table next to that it definitely would have fell on top of our food because it was literally right there...

"I just kept wondering what it was, and I kept looking around until I looked at the floor, and I saw three rats, and I ran."

Customers captured video footage of the ensuing rodent parade, including this one Twitter video in particular that shows two rodents, one that appears to be dead from its fall.

As the restaurant employees, presumably mortified, began scooping up the mice with brooms and tried to best remedy the situation, customers still proclaimed they would not be returning to that location.

Chipotle reps released a statement in which they referred to the incident as "extremely isolated and rare... and certainly not anything we'd ever want our customers to encounter."

Watch: 10 Famous Queso Spots in Texas

oembed rumble video here