Infused homemade moonshine is so much fun to drink. It's also fun to make and to give away as DIY gifts. How fun would it be to receive an adult beverage recipe book with different moonshine infusions?! With our easy DIY raspberry moonshine recipe, you'll be gifting this to all your friends.
This raspberry moonshine is a delightful color, and like all infusions, it gets better the longer you let it sit. Make it in early summer when fresh raspberries are at their best and then give it as gifts (or serve it at happy hour) all year round.
DIY Moonshine at Home
Why buy Midnight Moon Raspberry, when you can easily make this at home? It'll be like having your own distillery in the comfort of your kitchen.
This moonshine recipe is a two-step process. The first step is to pour the fresh raspberries into a quart mason jar, then mash the berries with a wooden spoon. Add two cups of Everclear or plain high proof moonshine. Seal the jar and give it a good shake. Let the mixture sit for three weeks, shaking the jar every other day.
After three weeks, make a simple syrup to complete the raspberry moonshine. Boil two cups water and 1 1/2 cup sugar in a large saucepan and stir until the sugar dissolves completely. Let the simple syrup cool to reach room temperature while you use a cheesecloth to strain the raspberry solids from the alcohol. Mix the alcohol and the simple syrup, seal the jar again and let it sit for at least two more weeks. After that, serve the raspberry moonshine over ice or in your favorite cocktail recipe.
This is an awesome DIY project to make for your next girls night! And it doesn't have to stop there! Check out our other incredible recipes like our Blackberry Moonshine, Watermelon Moonshine, Apple Pie Moonshine recipe and Strawberry Moonshine recipe.
You can even use vodka in these drink recipes if you prefer it to moonshine! Simply add whatever fruit you want to infuse to vodka and tada, you've got yourself an easy recipe you can't beat! We suggest tart fruit, like blueberries or cranberries that will stand out in your drinks.
Find more delicious homemade flavored vodka recipes here
This post was originally published on September 20, 2020
- 2 cups Everclear or plain moonshine (Grab something close to 190 or 195 proof)
- 9 oz fresh raspberries
- 2 cups purified water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Pour the raspberries into a quart mason jar, and mash with a wooden spoon. Add alcohol, then seal and shake the jar. Let set for 3 weeks, shaking the jar every other day.
- Boil the water and add the sugar, stirring until the sugar dissolves, then let cool to reach room temperature.
- Meanwhile, strain the raspberry solids and seeds from the alcohol. Return the alcohol to its jar. Add the simple syrup mixture, then seal the jar and let set for at least 2 weeks.
- This will have about half the potency as the original alcohol used. If you want to keep it incredibly strong, add less simple syrup.