Raspberry Almond Mini Muffins
Fresh, sweet-tart raspberries combined with nutty almond flavor transforms regular mini muffins into extraordinary breakfast pastries you'll love to share.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbs melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs almond milk (Cow's milk can be used instead)
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 24 raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 375. Lightly grease a 24 cup mini muffin tin, and arrange the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together melted butter, sugar, and lemon zest. Beat for a full minute.
- Add egg and whisk until well combined, then stir in milk and almond extract.
- Add dry ingredients, then stir just enough to combine.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 of the way full. Place one raspberry, open-side-down, in each muffin.
- Bake until golden and they pass the toothpick test, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing.