This Queso Fundido is a fun spin on a classic queso dip. The addition of spicy chorizo sausage mixes with the melted cheese to make a delish dip!
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 jalapeño deseeded and minced
- 6 oz chorizo sausage removed from casing
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 cup lager
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- In skillet, heat oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and jalapeño, cooking until onion is translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add chorizo and cook until cooked through. Add flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato, lager, and cheese and cook on low until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips.
This queso fundido can be made in advance. Reheat by warming up the dip in a skillet over low heat, stirring constantly. We like to use pork chorizo in our queso but you can substitute mild sausage or ground beef.