Pulled Pork Cornbread Casserole
Casseroles are in! Try this Pulled Pork Cornbread Casserole tonight for dinner. Packed with pulled pork and topped with a cornbread topping.
For The Pulled Pork
- 2 lb. pork tenderloin, sliced into chunks
- 2 cups root beer
- 1 18-oz bottle barbecue sauce
For The Casserole
- 1 6.5-oz box cornbread mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Place pork and root beer in slow cooker and cook on low until tender, about 6 hours. Remove pork from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Discard root beer. Mix barbecue sauce with pork and place in a large cast iron skillet.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. In a medium bowl mix together cornbread mix, milk, oil, and egg.
- Spoon cornbread over the pulled pork mixture. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Make sure the cornbread is cooked all the way through by testing with a toothpick. You can also buy pre-made pulled pork in the deli section of your grocery store.