Pork and Apple Stew
Ready in only 30-minutes, this hearty Pork and Apple Stew is a warm and filling weeknight meal your family with love!
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 apples, sliced into wedges
- 8 small red potatoes, halved
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp Dijion mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- In a dutch-oven over medium-high heat, add the oil. Season the pork with salt and pepper and dredge in the flour. Add the pork to the oil and cook until browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan, scraping down the bottom of the pot. Add in the apples, potatoes, carrot, and thyme and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes and carrot are tender, about 12 minutes.
- Return the pork to the pot along with the mustard and honey. Simmer until pork is cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. Serve.
You can peel the apples if you like, but we like the added texture of the skin in this dish. Use a wooden spoon to get all of the browned pieces at the bottom of the pot. That's the best stuff!