Pomegranate Feta Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
This delicious light salad complements heavy meals and with the jewel-toned pomegranate seeds, it's a gorgeous addition to any spread.
- 1 pomegranate
- 6 cups mixed greens (Ours included spinach, radicchio, and some other tasty things)
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup pecan or walnut halves
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- De-seed the pomegranate. Cut the pomegranate in half. Hold it open-side down over a bowl of water and hit the outside of the pomegranate with a wooden spoon. The seeds will fall into the water and sink, and any membranes from the pomegranate will float, making it easy to separate. Repeat with the other half. Dry the pomegranate seeds.
- Toss together salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1/3 cup olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper. Whisk until emulsified. Taste to determine whether to add more oil.
- (If making the dressing ahead of time, put all the vinaigrette ingredients in a mason jar instead. When ready to serve, just shake the ingredients together instead of worrying about whisking.)
- Drizzle on the vinaigrette and toss to coat.
Want to make a meal of it? Try adding some protein rich grains like quinoa or barley, or herbed chicken breast.