Pimento Cheese Spread
This spread makes its home anywhere. It's great on crackers or on vegetable slices, perfect in sandwiches, grilled or otherwise, or even on baked potatoes.
- 8 oz white cheddar (Grate the cheese at home. The anti caking agents in store bought shredded cheese mess with the texture too much.)
- 8 oz extra sharp cheddar
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard (Or 1 tbs Dijon mustard)
- 7 oz diced pimento peppers, drained
- Grate the cheeses with a hand grater or in a food processor.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and spices. Blend until evenly combined.
- Stir in cheese until evenly distributed and coated with the sauce. Many find using an electric mixer or a stand mixer helpful for this, so feel free to give your arms a rest. Fold in the pimento peppers.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. Covered, it will keep in the fridge about a week.