Philadelphia cheesecake recipes are so easy, they tend to have only a few steps and ingredients to make them. It's a lot like classic cheesecake but generally made with cream cheese rather than sour cream like many New York-style cheesecakes or cheesecake bars for the pie filling. For a creamy cheesecake, you should definitely consider this dessert recipe. You'll see why it's considered a delicious cheesecake recipe that rivals even the best New York counterpart.
What is Philly Cheesecake Made Out Of?
The really popular Philadelphia cheesecake recipes have just a short list of ingredients and very few steps. There are some no-bake cheesecake recipes out there, but we are going to stick to a Philadelphia classic cheesecake recipe this time.
How Do You Make a Philadelphia Cheesecake Recipe?
To make Philadelphia cheesecake, you will need Philadelphia cream cheese, either a ready-to-bake graham cracker crust or graham cracker crumbs that you can make into a pie crust, one cup sugar, butter or margarine if you're making a crust, vanilla extract, and four eggs. If you want to add lemon zest, fresh fruit, or whipped cream on top, or throw in some chocolate chips, you can, just plan accordingly.
First, preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, if you're making the crust, mix together crumbs, half a cup of sugar, and butter, and form it in the bottom of the pan. Otherwise, get out your crust and get ready to prepare the rest in it.
Beat the cream cheese, the rest of the sugar, and vanilla by hand or with a mixer until blended. Add the eggs one at a time, then pour the mixture over the crust.
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until the center is almost set. Let it cool and then refrigerate it for three to four hours. After that, it should be ready to serve!
The prep time isn't bad at all -- just 10 to 20 minutes -- and the resulting cheesecake after total time baked and cooled is so worth it. And it's all so easy! Have fun baking.
Why This Philadelphia Cheesecake Recipe Blows New York Cheesecake Out of the Water
- 1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs - OR ready-to-bake crust
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine - IF you're making the crust
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 4 8 oz packages philadelphia cream cheese
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If making the crust, mix together crumbs, half a cup of sugar, and butter, and form it in the bottom of the pan. Or, get out your crust.
- Beat cream cheese, the rest of the sugar, and vanilla by hand or with a mixer until well blended. Add the eggs one at a time. Pour mix over the crust.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until the center is almost set.
- Let cool and then refrigerate for three to four hours.