Penguin Appetizer Bites
Delicious and oh so cute, these Penguin Appetizer Bites will be the hit of snack time (or even the star the holiday party buffet).
- 1 15-oz can black olives
- 1 container small fresh mozzarella balls
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- Drain the olives and cut a slit from top to bottom, lengthwise, into the side of each olive. Carefully insert the mozzarella ball into the olive to act as the belly.
- Meanwhile, cut a small triangle slice out of the carrot and press into the center of an olive. The other piece of carrot will be the feet.
- Using a toothpick, connect the carrot feet to the mozzarella and olive. Top with the olive head. Serve.
Make a santa hat by securing a piece of red pepper with cream cheese on the olive. Chill until ready to serve.