Pear and Ginger Pitcher
Make this Pear and Ginger Pitcher to share with all of your friends at your next autumn party! This recipes makes enough for a crowd!
For The Ginger Syrup
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped ginger
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
For The Pitcher
- 24 oz pear nectar or juice
- 12 oz gin
- 1 recipe ginger syrup
- 8 oz ginger ale
- slices of pear to garnish
- In a small sauce pan over high heat, add the ginger, sugar, and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let steep 10 minutes. Strain the mixture into a jar and let cool to room temperature. Chill until needed.
- In a large pitcher combine the pear nectar, gin, ginger syrup, and ginger ale. Add slices of pear for garnish. Serve in iced glasses.
No need to peel your ginger before using! Steep the ginger for longer if you really want a spicy ginger flavor.