Pear and Ginger Tea
Ease those snuffles with the soothing properties of honey, asian pear, and ginger in this comforting tea.
- 10 cups water
- 2-3 ripe pears, coarsely chopped or grated (Asian pears are the most traditional, but they all taste great)
- 1 firm pear, sliced (Optional, for garnish)
- 3 inch ginger, peeled and sliced into medallions
- 1 stick cinnamon (Plus more fore garnish, if desired)
- 1-2 tbs honey
- Combine all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to let simmer 20-30 minutes, until the pears are very tender. (Pears can be eaten as a snack or used in a purée.)
- Strain out solids and enjoy warm, or store in the refrigerator to drink chilled.