Peanut Butter Pancakes
Adding peanut butter to pancake batter makes for surprisingly light and cloud-like pancakes that have extra protein, perfect for starting the day off right.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (Smooth or chunky both work fine)
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg, then add the milk and peanut butter. Mix lightly with a fork to evenly stir in the peanut butter.
- Add flour mix to the egg mix and stir lightly again. You don't want to work the wet batter too much because it'll make the pancakes dense.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and melt a tablespoon or two of butter (or oil). Test the skillet with a drop of water to see when it's hot enough. The drop should sizzle and evaporate rapidly.
- Pour 1/4 cup portions of batter onto the skillet and cook until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Serve warm with maple or fruit syrups, and enjoy!