Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats
It's your childhood favorite, revamped! These Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats are the perfect after-school snack.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
- Lightly grease a 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter and marshmallows. Take off heat and stir in peanut butter. Once everything is melted, add rice cereal and stir until well coated. Pour into pan and press down evenly. Cool completely.
- Once the treats are cooled, melt the chocolate in a microwavable bowl. Using a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over the bars. Let harden and cut into 24 bars.
Make these treats even more decedent with the addition of a flavored peanut butter like this one that is maple flavored. These treats make great after school snacks.