Peanut Butter Caramel Rice Krispies
This fun twist on the classic Rice Krispies Treat flavor is a great way to build on a wonderful family tradition.
- 4 tbs butter
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 tbs butter, sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt (Optional)
- Prepare a 9 x 13 baking dish by lightly greasing.
- In a large pot over low heat, melt the butter. Stir in the marshmallows and cook until all have completely melted. Stir in the peanut butter until completely incorporated.
- Stir in the cereal until evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared 9 x 13 baking dish, smoothing out the top and shaping as desired. Avoid compacting the treats. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the caramel. Combine water and sugar in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook until the mixture turns amber.
- Stir in butter, being careful as the butter will cause it to bubble and the mixture is hot.
- Once melted, slowly drizzle in the heavy cream while stirring.
- Once cream is completely incorporated, allow to cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute more. The mixture will rise as it cooks. If it gets too close to the top, remove it from heat.
- Stir in salt, then set aside to cool.
- Once both the Rice Krispies and the caramel are cool enough to handle, drizzle the caramel over the treats and enjoy!
Extra caramel would be great to use with these Apple Nachos!