This scratch made peach cobbler highlights the bright sweetness of fresh peaches and comes together, start to finish, in less than an hour.
- 6 large peaches, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbs dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 6 tbs butter, chilled and diced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbs dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Toss together the filling ingredients then transfer to the baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes while making the batter.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter with either a fork or a pastry blender until a coarse meal is formed. Pour in water and stir until just combined.
- With the peaches out of the oven, drop in spoonfuls of the batter. Bake until topping is golden brown and delicious, about 25 to 30 minutes.