Make this easy recipe your go-to any time you need a pie, tart, or quiche crust.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup butter, chilled and diced
- 4-8 tbs ice water
- Combine flour, salt, and sugar in a mixing bowl (or food processor).
- Add chilled butter and combine using a pastry blender until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Drizzle 2 tbs ice water over mixture and blend. Repeat with another 2 tbs water.
- Test the dough. If a handful holds it's shape, do not add more water. If the dough crumbles when squeezed, continue adding water, 1 tbs at a time.
- Transfer dough to a clean work surface and divide into 2 equal pieces. Flatten dough balls into disks.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour before use. These can be made ahead of time and stay in the fridge for 2-3 days, or can be frozen for up to 1 month.
- When ready to use, roll until dough is about 1/8 inch thick.