Parmesan Tomato Zucchini Gratin
This vegetable bake highlights the bright, welcoming flavors of tomato and zucchini, functioning wonderfully as a light lunch or side dish for a heavy meal.
- 3 medium zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 5 medium plum tomatoes, thinly sliced (Alternatively, this is a beautiful dish for heirloom tomatoes)
- 2 tbs olive oil (Plus more for drizzling)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Sauté onion in 2 tbs olive oil over medium heat until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat. Add about 1/2 the onion mix to the bottom of the baking dish and spread along the bottom.
- Layer the tomatoes and zucchinis, alternating slices, until the dish is filled. Top with the remaining onions, then drizzle on salt, pepper, and Italian spices. Sprinkle on Parmesan.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 35 minutes.
Try with a crusty slice of French bread or one of our Savory Kalamata Olive Muffins.