Oven Roasted Chickpeas
This healthy, high-fiber chickpea snack is the perfect crunchy treat to munch between meals or use as a crouton alternative on soups and salads.
- 2 cans 15 oz chickpeas
- 1-2 tbs olive oil (Adjust as desired)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1-2 tbs brown sugar (Optional, for a sweet and spicy flavor)
- 1 lime (Optional, for a zesty southwestern flavor)
- Preheat oven to 400 F and move baking rack to the lower 3rd of the oven.
- Open chickpeas then rinse and drain. Lay out on a clean cloth or paper towels and pat until entirely dry. Let air dry a few minutes if able.
- Transfer chickpeas to a large baking sheet where they can be laid out in one layer.
- Roast until golden, slightly darkened, and crunchy, about 20-30 minutes. Stir or shake the pan every 10 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile, mix the dry spices in a bowl until evenly combined.
- Remove from oven and toss in olive oil, then in spices. Spritz with fresh lime juice, if desired. Enjoy warm!
These crunchy snacks are addictive enough on their own, but they work well as salad or soup toppers.