These decadently creamy no-bake Oreo balls are a classic Southern dessert, welcome at any pot luck, dinner party, or just-cause event.
- 1 package Oreo cookies (16 oz)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 package white chocolate bark (24 oz)
- 1 handful chocolate cookies or wafers (Chocolate animal crackers or Oreos without the cream work well)
- Prepare a cookie sheet by lining with wax paper.
- Crush Oreos by transferring to a plastic bag then rolling over them with a rolling pin. Alternatively, crush with your hands or by using a food hammer. The smaller the better!
- Also crush the chocolate wafers, but set aside for later use.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine crushed Oreos and cream cheese. Mix together with a hand mixer until evenly incorporated.
- Roll Oreo cream mixture into small, rounded tablespoon sized balls then transfer to the cookie sheet and chill for 1 hour.
- Melt the white chocolate bark either in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- Using a tooth pick, dip the Oreo balls into the melted bark, then return to the wax paper. While they're drying, sprinkle on crushed chocolate wafers.
- Let the Oreos rest at room temperature to harden, takes about 15 minutes. From there, refridgerate an additional hour until firm, then enjoy right away or store in an air tight container in the fridge.