Orange Roasted Duck
Looking for something spectacular to serve at your next dinner party? This Orange Roasted Duck is sure to impress your guests.
- 1 5-lb duck
- 2 oranges, zested, and cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup orange jam
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Prepare duck by placing the neck to the back with skewers. Fold wings to the back. Then place breast side up in a roasting pan.
- Stuff the duck with half of the orange wedges and brush the duck with melted butter. Roast until skin is crisp, about 2 hours and 30 minutes. Let sit 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the orange sauce by combining the zest, orange jam, soy sauce, orange juice, ground mustard, and ground pepper. Bring to a boil. Mix the cornstarch with 1 tsp cold water and stir. Whisk into sauce until the sauce thickens and boils. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Brush the duck with the sauce and garnish with the remaining wedges. Serve with additional sauce.
The duck must come to a temperature of about 180ºF. Let duck stand for 10 minutes for easier carving.