Orange and Cranberry Monkey Bread
We love this pull-apart Orange and Cranberry Monkey Bread-- especially for those cool Autumn mornings! Serve this bread with a steaming cup of coffee.
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk, divided
- 1/4 cup honey, divided
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
For The Coating
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 orange, zested
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
For The Glaze
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
For The Dough
- Prepare the dough by mixing 1/4 cup of warm milk with the yeast and 1 tablespoon of honey. Let sit for until bubbly, about 5 minutes. Add the rest of the milk, honey, orange juice, butter, eggs, and salt. Mix to combine. Add in 3 cups of the flour and beat (using a dough hook) for about 3 minutes. Add in the rest of the flour gradually until a smooth and elastic dough forms, kneading for about 5 minutes.
- Form the dough into a ball and place in a greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
For The Coating
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt butter. Add in the sugar and orange zest and set aside.
- Spray your bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside. Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Take your dough out of the fridge and punch down the dough. Start making small balls of the dough (you'll need about 40 in total), dipping each one in the butter mixture and placing in the bundt pan. Once a layer of dough balls is in the pan, sprinkle in 1/4 of the cranberries. Repeat adding the balls and sprinkling in the cranberries until all of the dough is used. Cover the pan with plastic and let rise 45 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown on top, about 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before inverting to a serving dish.
For the Glaze
- Whisk together the orange juice and powdered sugar in a small bowl and pour over the bread. Serve.
This recipe can be made ahead! Take a look at the overnight rise. This bread can be stored covered at room temperature for about 3 days.