Weeknight dinners can be a pain, we know. But this simple, one-pan broccoli sausage pasta recipe makes getting dinner on the table a snap. This flavorful pasta dish is healthy and filling; all you need to add is some crusty bread and a salad to make this the perfect weeknight meal. And it makes a great leftover lunch the next day, too.
Start by heating olive oil in a large skillet. Add the onions and garlic and saute until translucent, about four minutes. Add the chopped broccoli florets and kielbasa and cook until the sausage starts to brown, about five minutes. Add the pasta noodles and water to the pan, cover, and reduce to medium-low heat. You can use any kind of pasta for this dish, but we're partial to rotini, bow tie, and cellentani.
Let the pasta cook until the noodles are al dente, which should take a total time of about 10-15 minutes. Remove the lid and stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper. If your broccoli sausage pasta seems a bit dry, add in about a tablespoon of melted butter or extra virgin olive oil.
One-Pot Broccoli and Sausage Pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 12 oz. kielbasa, sliced thinly
- 1 lb. uncooked noodles
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and kielbasa and cook until kielbasa starts to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles and water to the pan, cover, and reduce to medium-low. Let cook until noodles are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove cover and stir in parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.