One-Bowl Chocolate Cake
Don't dirty up another bowl! Our One Bowl Chocolate Cake is so easy to make, and only requires one bowl to mix it all up!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and spray cooking spray on two 9-inch cake pans.
- In a large bowl combine the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add in the eggs, milk, canola oil, and vanilla extract and beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the boiling water and pour into the prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in pans for 10 minutes. Flip onto wire racks to cool completely.
The batter will be thin in this recipe. Don't worry! This cake is delicious with a dusting of powdered sugar.