Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
Healthy oatmeal bars are the perfect on-the-go breakfast. Packed with protein and healthy ingredients, they'll keep you at your best till lunch and beyond.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup oat flour (Can be purchased or made by processing a heaping cup of rolled oats in a food processor or blender)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs coconut oil, melted (Can sub for vegetable oil)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 375 F and prepare a 9 x 13 baking dish by lightly greasing.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the rolled oats, oat flour, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate mixing bowl or measuring cup, mix the orange juice, honey, coconut oil, and applesauce.
- Mix the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients. Then spread the mix into the baking dish, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut into bars, but keep the everything in the baking dish until completely cooled.
Want something a little more chewy? Try mixing in a binder like a mashed banana, a couple tbs of peanut butter, or a beaten egg.