One of the best things about the weather turning cooler is that it's fun to turn on the oven again and make delicious baked pasta recipes. This no-boil lasagna recipe is definitely going to go on your list for weekend meal prep, although because it takes less prep time with the no-boil noodles, you may even find yourself making it for weeknight family dinners. Want to make the best lasagna? Sit back and learn how with our simple recipe of no-boil noodles, marinara meat sauce, and shredded mozzarella cheese. This will be a staple main dish in your house, we promise it!
How to Make No-Boil Lasagna
Start by preheating your oven to 375ºF and then get a large skillet ready to cook the meat. Over medium-high heat, saute the onion and garlic, then brown the ground beef. Pour off the fat and set the beef aside. While the beef is browning, combine the ricotta, eggs, one cup of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese in a medium bowl. In another bowl combine the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning.
To assemble the lasagna, spread one cup of the sauce mixture on the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish. Layer four of the uncooked lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, 1/3 of the ground beef, one cup of mozzarella, and one cup of spaghetti sauce. Repeat for three more layers, layering and ending the last layer with four uncooked noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture, 1/3 of the ground beef, one cup of sauce, and one cup mozzarella cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake for an hour.
Remove the aluminum foil and continue baking until cheese melts, about 5-10 minutes, then let the dish cool for 10 minutes before serving your no-boil lasagna.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 6 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 9-oz box no-boil lasagna noodles
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add the oil and cook the onion and garlic 3 minutes. Add the ground beef, salt, and pepper, and cook until browned. Pour off excess fat. Set browned meat aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the ricotta, eggs, 1 cup mozzarella, and parmesan.
- In a bowl combine the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning.
- In a 13x9-inch pan spread 1 cup of the sauce on the bottom of the pan. Layer 4 uncooked noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, 1/3 of the ground beef, 1 cup of mozzarella, and 1 cup of spaghetti sauce. Repeat for 3 layers, ending the last layer with 4 uncooked noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, 1/3 of the ground beef, 1 cup of spaghetti sauce, and 1 cup of mozzarella. Cover with foil and bake 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and continue baking until cheese melts, about 5-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.