Mushroom and Apple Elk Meatloaf
This Mushroom and Apple Elk Meatloaf combines the sweetness of apples and the savory taste of mushrooms to make your ground elk oh, so, delicious.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground elk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
For The Glaze
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the ground elk, mushrooms, onions, apple, tomato sauce, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper.
- Shape meat mixture into a loaf on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, mustard, ketchup, and apple cider vinegar. Brush over the meatloaf, glazing entirely.
- Bake until a thermometer inserted reaches 165ºF, about 65 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.
You can also bake this in a loaf pan. Cooking times may differ. This recipe works well with other ground meats, like turkey or beef.