Muffin Tin Chicken Pot Pie
Make dinner more fun with individual Chicken Pot Pies in a muffin tin! Stuffed with chicken and veggies and topped with a tender crust, you can't go wrong.
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground thyme
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups chopped chicken
- 2 8-oz cans crescent rolls
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF and grease two muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat and add onions, cooking until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add flour and whisk together for about 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in chicken broth and milk and bring to a boil, thickening the sauce. Take off heat and stir in salt, pepper, thyme, frozen peas and carrots, and chopped chicken.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and pinch together the triangle cuts. Cut each dough into 16 rectangles. Place one rectangle into the muffin tin and top with scant 1/4 cup of mixture. Place another rectangle on top and seal the bottom dough with the top. Cut a small X into the top of the dough. Repeat with remaining dough and mixture.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from pans and serve.
Have some leftovers? These pot pies make an amazing lunch the next day! When rolling out the dough make sure that you press the triangles together securely.